Friday, January 18, 2008




I journeyed southward for a day and had a spectacular time. First we went to Canterbury cathedral (where above my friends and i are reenacting the martyrdom of Thomas A. Becket), there was so much rich history that my brain went on overload, which seems to be a common occurrence while Im in London. We road a bus out to Beachy Head and got to run and play and be excited all over the white cliffs. I then proceeded to turn myself and two other girls into chalk warriors, you know, just to get closer to the land. We stopped in Rye, quite possibly the most quaint town i have ever witnessed. We walked all over the cobblestone streets then i tried to climb this castle (stupid American). Well anyhoo, the entire day was an adventure to say the least, I love this country and it was a dream to get to travel through the countryside with the sun shining through the clouds.

8 comments:

angie said...

wait, what is a chalk warrior?
(i was chalk white yesterday if its of any consolation)

love these pictures - i clicked on them all to see them closer.

i just can't get enough of your adventures, snap!

oh, and chase is missing you so much - he made and frosted you a cupcake and always talks about "lundun"

catherine said...

You really need to click on the pictures to see them. Good to see your keeping up on your climbing, without a rope, no less. I wanted a picture of the white cliffs, please, please. Beachy, head sounds kind of dorky don't you think. And....Rye....that's where I found the "Thing" on the best used book store in the world that has a festival once a year. I can't believe you were there.

kristen said...

wow. great pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the close up photo's! Thanks for passing them on! Miss you and wish we wuz there.

kelsey said...

I love that you climbed the castle... oh abbie you are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

so your using your rock climbing skills to climb that beautiful building. i guess planite granite payed off!!! love ya!

Anonymous said...

oh my golly abbie! what did i tell you about those socks!! hahaha. miss ya!

For now said...

I love seeing you so happy!!