Saturday, January 26, 2008

Markets!

My heavens the markets here are to die for! yesterday we went to the Borough Street Market and I met a nice man who told me all about his life and gave me some apple-beet juice. The foods and smells and people were so overwhelming. I feel like I'm constantly walking in silence just desperately trying drink in everything i see. There were the most magnificent truffles, fresh pastas, mulled wine (which smelled divine), sausages, cheeses, pastries, oh and the most shocking thing was seeing the hanging peasants and rabbits. This morning Hilary and I went to Portobello Rd and it was the same thing but topped off with antiques and clothing. My latest adventure is trying to find a locket, i don't know why but i really really want one. Anyways, those are my ramblings for the day. I hope all is well at home, im so glad angie is safe and sound. Oh and did i tell you i got the watch? it is ridiculously perfect, thank you a million mom.

5 comments:

kristen said...

hanging peasants? england hasn't changed much, it seems. :)

miss you!

catherine said...

I love it, hanging peasants!

Open markets with color and flair, just your "cup of tea"

Anonymous said...

Ok i meant to write pheasant...sorry

For now said...

wanting to be there with you!

Carly April said...

stay away from the wine you little trouble-maker.